Monday, September 10, 2007

*Yawwwwn*

First things first... I'm still alive. Maybe a bit bored on a day-to-day basis, but definitely still alive and kicking.

How have I been spending my days? Let's see... I usually get up around 8 and then take some time to eat some brekkie and drink some coffee. Around 10, I begin my workout and am showered and ready to go by noon. At this time, since I'm all clean and dressed, I play with the dog outside for awhile. Then I play with her inside. Then I sit in the kitchen so Izzy can take a nap. Then I put her in her crate so I can take a nap. At about this time, my mom gets home from school. We chat and read the paper. Dad gets home. We eat dinner. I go for a bike ride. I settle in for some TV and then I do it all again the next day.

Umm. Yeah.

But there is good news on the horizon! I have had two job nibbles and will hopefully be employed soon! The most promising job might contact me in the next couple of days. At least I hope they do. This particular job is with a luxury travel company and fits all of my main criteria, including location and most importantly, career guidance. In fact, it seems to be exactly what I want to do with my life. So that's great! I've had a semi-phone interview with a guy and he was giving me all sorts of promises about a job, so let's all hope for Rachel for a moment, shall we? (EDIT: I got a job interview for Wednesday. Whoo Hoo!!!!) The second job involved a phone interview that I just had a couple of hours ago. Now I need to decide if I want to book a plane to do the in-person interview or not and then ultimately make a huge move. To Seattle. The job isn't ideal and doesn't pay all that well, but I would be living next to the ocean again and among the mountains. And I've been semi-obsessed with Seattle for the last couple of years. (Although I've actually never been there... call it The Grey's Effect.) And this one is in the travel industry as well...with a well-known cruise company.

I have been holding my breath for the last five days or so... It would be great to breathe again --- and get paid.

3 comments:

laura said...

What's the location of the first job?

Seattle is pretty...

Carly said...

I miss that lifestyle. And Izzy got big. Good luck with the job hunt!

Jeremy & Kimi said...

how'd the interview go?? Seattle would be nice... I've never been, but lots of rain and coffee (right?) - a great combo.