Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A plug for local business---

I am going to post photos and an update about our new home in Mishawaka, but not until our new bed and couch get delivered this evening. (Yep. I finally bought a queen bed... I can cross that off my 101 List!)

But while I'm thinking of it, there's a candle company in Naperville that I stumbled across months ago. They make soy-based candles in the basement of a building. It's a husband/wife/dog team and the first time I visited, they showed me how they make the candles. For my mom's birthday, I couldn't get there in time while they were open, so I bought one online and asked them to mail it with a small card. They came through for me and on my last evening in the area, Ken and I went to the store one more time. I mentioned he had mailed a candle for me earlier in the week... and he said, "Oh! Rachel! I remember!" I didn't want to buy a candle that evening because we were a bit cramped for space as it was (and I knew Ken would kill me if I bought more stuff after he packed the whole apartment). So I told him I was going to sniff and figure out my favorites so I could order them online. He did better --- he sent me away with sample vials of all the different scents they offer. Totally above and beyond. Anyways, I am trying to support local businesses, so here's their website if you need a nice gift for someone... Wayfarer Candles

I love the Pear and Pink Peppercorn one. Fig and Cassis is nice too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support! I came across your blog by accident and saw your posting on us - we are very flattered. We wish you all the best in your new digs and hopefully the smell of the candles will bring fond memories of home.

Best wishes - Mike, Donna, and of course... Duke!

take care.

Mike Peek