Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Japan: Still producing amusing moments

I hope everyone had a great holiday! Mine was a nice one, despite having to be a regular stiff and work last week. Ken and I spent time visiting both sides of the family, eating loads of delicious sugar cookies, and braving treacherous road conditions. I also made some progress on my 101 list... One year down, many more items to cross off. Too bad one of my items wasn't "Make the fire department arrive at my apartment" because that would have been one to finish last Friday.

Last week I received a letter from my friend at the Chatan gym. I chuckled at numerous bits, including her take on "Beauty and the Geek." But the real kicker was when she said (regarding an American man who she isn't interested in).... "I feel bad, but there's just no - how do you call it? - chemical reaction." Classic.

Hope your new year is off with a bang! I, for one, can't wait to hit some local bars to enjoy some lovely clean air. I better wait a few weeks, though, until the lingering smoke dissipates.

No comments: